We are glad that you are interested in exploring career opportunities at Ruff Housing. Before completing an application, we ask that you take a moment to review the job description below to determine whether or not you believe that the job would be a good fit for you and also determine whether or not you believe that you meet the job qualifications.
Playroom Attendant: Greensboro and Winston-Salem locations
Most of our employees work as Playroom Attendants and our staffing needs for Playroom Attendants vary. So, we always accept applications for this position. Our Playroom Attendant position is a fun position, but it is also hard work. You are on your feet and active for the entire shift and you are working outside for a large portion of the day. The starting pay for this position is $8.00 per hour with performance reviews and opportunities for salary increases based on performance. Our shifts are typically 7 am to 1 pm and 1 pm to 7 pm every day. We are looking for team members that are available to work one of these shifts on most days, including both Saturdays and Sundays and most holidays.
Ruff Housing is a fast growing company and there are opportunities for advancement. Our Bathers / Grooming Assistants, Lodging Specialists, Customer Service Specialists, and Shift Managers generally are team members that have been promoted from Playroom Attendants.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Supervising 15-40 dogs in a playgroup as part of a team. Dogs are separated by size and play style.
- Playing with and interacting with dogs of all sizes and breeds both indoors and outdoors.
- Being attentive to the individual needs of the dogs in our care.
- Keeping the daycare and lodging facility clean.
- Playroom Attendants may occasionally work in a Lodging Assistant role and assist in taking lodging dogs for outdoor walks and playtimes, cleaning kennel areas and logging all appropriate information in individual charts.
Job Requirements include:
- High school diploma or equivalent or related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Employees must be able to lift unassisted a minimum of 40 pounds and be willing and able to safely restrain or move dogs of all sizes including dogs that are over 100 pounds.
- While performing this job, employees will be standing, walking and active for most of the time.
- Available to work
- at least 2-3 weekdays,
- most (but not all) Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.